The Czech Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai hosted the Annual General Meeting 2021 on April 7th.
The AGM included an election for the Board of Directors of CzechCham, The Board of Directors is elected to represent the membership and to oversee the activities of the Chamber with respect to executing the Chamber’s Members’ Charter. The Chamber of Commerce solicits a board with a wealth of China experience seeking to lend their support to the Czech business community.
Besides the Board election CzechCham team presented the review of its activities and events during the year 2020 and presented the objectives and event plan for the year 2021.
Please read the following carefully to better understand CzechCham AGM procedures for the 2021 Board of Directors Elections:
- The Board of Directors shall consist of three (3) elected members, one (1) Executive Director, and (1) non-executive director for each Platinum member.
- The three (3) elected members of the Board of Directors shall be elected by voting members of the Chamber at the Election AGM and shall serve until the next Election AGM.
- Elected members of the Board of Directors shall serve a one (1) year term immediately following an Election AGM.
- The Executive Director of the Chamber shall be granted one vote at all Board Meetings, AGM and EGM.
- The Board of Directors shall be the highest authority of the Chamber. The duties of the Board of Directors are to oversee and make decisions with respect to the programs sponsored by the Chamber and other activities of the Chamber, and to make decisions on matters affecting the Chamber at AGM.
- The Board of Directors shall act in accordance with the wishes of the Chamber as expressed in an AGM and shall remain subordinate to the AGM.
- The outgoing Board of Directors shall meet the incoming Board of Directors at the first Board Meeting held following an Election AGM to ensure organizational continuity and good governance of the Chamber after the election.
- The Nominations Committee will announce a call for nominations to the Czech Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai at least 7 days before the elections and AGM. Specific dates will be released in February-March each year.
- The nomination period should be open for a minimum of 14 days.
- The notice of the call for nominations should clearly set out and include:
- the date of closure of nominations and the place where nomination forms should be returned;
- the nominations form detailing all the required information;
- the number of Director positions open for election;
- the names of those Directors automatically retiring from the Board at the completion of their 1-year elected term in office;
- the names of those Directors (if any) who, having served any period of their 1-year elected term in office, are retiring early at the AGM; the names of those Directors (if any) who were interim appointments to the Board during the year and who therefore automatically retire at the AGM;
- the eligibility criteria for Voting Members wishing to stand as candidates for election as Directors of the Board;
- any validity and receipt requirements;
- the procedure for nominating, proposing, and seconding;
- notice that each incoming Director, if elected and before taking up office, will be required to sign an official letter of appointment.
4. The Nominations Committee may choose to publish a report that outlines the ideal skills mix of Directors on the Board, based on technical skills, experience, diversity, and industry representation. The report must be objectively based and not refer to any individual names. It must also include the membership categories to which each of the directors’ member companies belongs. Such a report must be approved by the Board and be disclosed at the same time as the notice of the call for nominations.
5. Should the Nominations Committee choose to publish a Directors’ Skills Matrix, a consolidated Directors’ Skills Matrix shall be published for the full Board, in addition to a consolidated Matrix for only the directors not retiring at the AGM, as part of the documentation included in the Call for Nominations.
- A candidate for the Board of Directors must be an employee of a Company who is a Voting Member in good standing or an individual chamber member (individual or YUP)
- Candidates who are not the registered voting representative of their Employer Company must be proposed by the registered voting member representative of their Employer Company.
- Only one employee from any Voting Member company may serve on the Board at any one time. An Honorary Advisor to the Board and a Director employed by the same member Company may not serve on the Board concurrently.
- Any employee of a Government or a Governmental organisation is not eligible to nominate for election to the Board of Directors.
- Retired Directors and interim appointed Directors can be nominated to stand for election provided that they satisfy all other eligibility criteria.
- A Board member of another organization that has a potential conflict of interest is ineligible for The Czech Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai Board.
Voting Members include “Corporate Members”, “Platinum Members”, “Gold Members” and “Silver Members” as defined below. Each Voting Member is entitled to one vote.
Corporate Member means a member of The Czech Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai:
- being any corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, representative office, branch office, or other legal entity.
- having a regional representative in China or having sufficient capital investment or operating interest as a business-related entity in China as determined by the Board in its discretion.
Non-Voting Members include:
- Individual Member means a member of the Czech Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai, being an individual of eighteen years of age or over.
- Student Members means any Individual Member that meets the Czech Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai. Members additional Student criteria determined by the Board.
- Honorary Member is a person of good repute or a person of the diplomatic community who was granted honorary membership by the Board of Directors.
- The Chair and Vice-Chair shall be elected by and from the Board of Directors at their first meeting after the Election AGM and at any other times when necessary.
- The Executive director shall be appointed by and from the Board of Directors at their first meeting after the Election AGM and at any other times when necessary.
If you wish to join the CzechCham Board of Directors for the term of 2021-2022, please download the following 2021 Candidate Nomination Form and submit the form to CzechCham at firstname.lastname@example.org before 6 PM on the 15th of March 2021. The form needs to be signed by the applicant and by a nominating registered voting member representative.
Download the form below:
For further inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
- This event is free to all CzechCham members.
7 April 2021 | 2021年4月7日 | 6-9 PM
White Space 24F, 700 Yan’an Dong Lu, near Xizang Nan Lu
Non-Member 非会员:100¥ | Member会员: Free免费
Please scan the QR code below or click here to attend the AGM meeting