CzechCham Becomes the Official Partner of PROPEA in China

CzechCham has become an official partner through which Czech companies can access the program in China.

PROPEA (Projects to Support Economic Activities Abroad), piloting in 2019, is a new tool to support economic activities of Czech firms active in markets abroad. It enables Czech firms to promptly react to an emergency situation by using services provided in selected territories with the support of local embassies and consulates of the Czech Republic.

Thanks to the new PROPEA projects, Czech firms will be able to use the services of local experts to help them to ensure business continuity and to solve logistic and other problems, such as problems associated with the emergency measures in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic.

The PROPEA program is financed from the Czech inter-ministerial joint funds for economic diplomacy. PROPEA is currently available in 10 countries: Morocco, Japan, Mongolia, India, Vietnam, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Peru, China, the UK and Mexico.

CzechCham and Consulate General of the Czech Republic in Shanghai have recently signed a contract with PROPEA.

The aim of the PROPEA program includes:

  • Providing quality services to Czech companies in foreign markets
  • Reducing Czech companies’ risks associated with entering demanding foreign markets
  • Future supporting of Czech companies, whose activities abroad are not limited to exports, but have rather an investment character

The services provided within the PROPEA projects are cost-effective and supplementary to the individual services provided to Czech companies by the embassies and agencies of CzechTrade and CzechInvest abroad. 70% of the price of the service is subsidized from the PROPEA budget, while the remaining 30% is co-financed by the company.

With current restrictions of movement of people, CzechCham, as the official partner of PROPEA, can help Czech firms to ensure personal contact and supervision of their activities on site. Moreover, Czech companies can use, for example, PROPEA’s assistance in the registration and certification of their products, or in establishing a branch abroad.

The scope of services that Czech companies can use within PROPEA projects contains the following items:

  • Preparation of a business plan for market entry or for an investment
  • Launching products on the market (assistance in negotiations with financial institutions, support in setting up an account and securing financing, establishing a company, etc.)
  • Securing licenses, certifications, product registrations and trademarks
  • Provision and verification of documentation for import/export and logistics
  • Creation and coordination of supplier and partner networks
  • Provision of promotional, marketing and PR services
  • Support service when starting of business activities/ production in the case of companies in the field of services using technical facilities
  • Representation of the company on the spot (*without financial support from the PROPEA budget, on a commercial contractual basis between a Czech company and a foreign representative)

Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information!

The press release about PROPEA projects can be accessed here through the website of the Czech Ministry of Foreign Affairs (in the Czech language).

Mr. Lukas Hlavac
hlavaclukas@czechchamber.com.cn
+8618682232075

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *